Sunday, November 28, 2010

"The Movie has NO dialogue..."

When I first heard the above line out of Mr. Currier's mouth I wanted to close my eyes and sleep for the next couple days of photography class. However, I gave the movie a chance and to my surprise it turned out to be pretty good. Even though there wasn't any talking, some of the images and scenes from the movie conveyed a message that was way more powerful than anything words could have said. To me, the movie really emphasized the idea of how photography can tell a story. The images from the movie and the images that we take all tell a story. Even though there's no talking involved, the pictures do the talking.

I really liked the part that showed the huge crowds of people crossing the street in the city. After watching the hundreds of taxis go up and down the streets it was an interesting transition to see the hundreds of people hurry to cross with every chance they got. I also liked the scene that showed the night sky and how the time-lapse photography worked to show the transition from nighttime to early morning. Although I enjoyed most of the movie, there was of course two parts that were a little creepy: the crazy guy with big white eyes and the pile of human skulls. Those two scenes made sleeping the next night a little harder than usual. Luckily, however, I have fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment