Thursday, March 10, 2011

Extra Credit

This was the first Photoshop picture that I made using the copy and past effect. The background image is my shot of the Crystal Springs Reservoir that I took for our Landscape assignment. I first placed the blue building in the picture and changed the opacity so it fit in with the landscape a little more. To practice my copy and past skills, I then placed a chandelier in the shot. Lastly, I figured, its a water picture and all, I might as well place a boat in the shot as well. 

I feel that this is one of my best Photoshop pieces. My original shot was taken during our Fall Sports assignment and I chose it as a good copy and paste shot because there was a lot of open space to add some stuff. What better linebacker to tackle a speedy running-back than Patrick Willis? After finding a picture of Willis online, I saved the picture and opened it in Photoshop. I then selected Willis, copied him and pasted him in the shot. After making his body and realistic size, I placed him in a spot that it looks like he is about to tackle the running-back in the shot. Because he was too light to fit in the picture, I altered the lighting and darkness of the shot to make it look more realistic. To make the pedestrian in the background more acceptable for my shot, I Photoshopped him into Justin Timberlake.
For this shot, my original image was a picture I took of the beach. After learning how to blend images in class, I thought it would be cool to blend my football shot, with my beach shot. To do so, I first opened both picture in Photoshop. Then I made sure they were both the same size (4000 x 3000). I then went to the beach image and clicked on "apply image." After selecting the football shot as the image to blend into it, I then took most of the color out of it and changed the opacity. My end result was the above image. A picture that Not only took into account how to blend images, but also how to use various blending effects to make the shot look even better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment